- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO). Publications accredited labs, links to states.
- American Concrete Institute, International - ACI. Technical and education society relating to concrete structures.
- American Concrete Pavement Association. Representing the concrete pavement industry.
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association - ARTBA. Info on advocacy for infrastructure programs. Great links to State DOT's.
- American Society for Testing and Materials - ASTM. Consensus Standards setting organization. Order copies of standards on-line. Meetings.
- American Society of Civil Engineers - ASCE. Professional society for civil engineers. Committee activities, publications, training.
- Asphalt Institute - AI. Technical info, publications, training programs.
- Deep Foundations Institute. DFI website
- National Asphalt Pavement Association. Representing the asphalt pavement industry.
- National Lime Association. Representing the companies producing calcium oxide.(lime).
- National Mining Association. Trade association of the mining industry and related businesses.
- National Ready Mix Concrete Association - NRMCA. Representing producers of ready mixed concrete.
- Portland Cement Association - PCA. Technical publications and reports.
- The Road Information Program - TRIP. Economic, environmental, and technical data on highway transportation issues.
- Transportation Construction Coalition. Info to help move federal legislation for highways and bridges.
- Civil Engineering Research Foundation - CERF. ASCE's research foundation. Operates innovative technology centers.
- FHWA Office of Technology Applications. FHWA's Superpave site with a directory of resources.
- International Center for Aggregates Research. The one-stop-shop for aggregates related information. 1998 Symposium registration info.
- National Quality Initiative - NQI. Joint government and industry activity promoting quality in highway construction. Links to 'quality' sites.
- North Central Superpave Site. Site at Purdue University addressing regional Superpave issues and training.
- South Central Superpave Site. University of Texas site with excellent background articles on Superpave.
- Transportation Research Board. Highway Research information and publications.
- Government Printing Office (GPO). Access to searchable databases of Budget, Bills, Code of Federal Regulations, Congressional Record, Federal Register, Public Law.
- Environmental Protection Agency. Gateway to environmental law and regulation.
- Metric Clearinghouse. Info on adoption of the metric system in the highway industry.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- USUS Army Corps of Engineers. Gateway to the Corps' sites.
- US Department of Commerce - NOAA. Marine ESA administration, national weather service, climate research.
- US Department of Interior - US Fish and Wildlife Service. ESA administration for land living resources.
- US Department of Transportation. Statistical data, background info and a gateway to other related sites.
- US Geological Survey. Minerals information and statistics.
- USGS Front Range Infrastructure Research Project. Info on location and characteristics of natural aggregate resources for sustaining infrastructure.
- The Library of Congress - Thomas project.
- The US House of Representatives. Access to members and committees.
- The US House of Representatives - Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. General committee and issue info. Access to the Surface Transportation Subcommittee.
- The US Senate. Senator's home pages and email; committee links.
- Searchable data bases of current legislative information.
- Federation of Master Builders BRIX - Builders Resource and Info. Exchange UK Trade Association.
- ISEE--International Society of Explosives Engineers. Jeff Dean, Director # is 216-349-4004.
- Aggregates Manager Magazine. Trade publication.
- Deep Foundations Journal. DFI Journal
- Deep Foundations Magazine. DFI Magazine
- Engineering News Record (ENR) Magazine. Cost indexes and good links to other construction related and government sites.
- FW Dodge. Construction data, growth and trends.
- Natural Aggregates - Foundation of America's Future: USGS Publication. Aggregates are a basic raw material used in agriculture, construction and processing industries.
- Rock Products. Trade publication.
- Pit & Quarry. Trade publication.
Safety and Health
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Health information.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association. Certified labs, helpful link.
- American Society of Safety Engineers. Safety information.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Cornell University. Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). Safety, health and regulatory information.
- National Environmental Training Association. Training.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Safety, health and research information.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Searchable database on mining research.
- National Safety Council. General safety information.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Safety, health and regulatory information.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Silica advisor.
- Pittsburgh and Spokane Research Centers. Research information specific to mining.
- Safety and Health Online. Free online training information.
State Aggregate Associations
- Colorado Rock Producers Association
- Kansas Aggregates Producers Association
- Mining Association of South Carolina, Inc.
- Pennsylvania Aggregates & Concrete Association
- San Diego County Rock Producers Association
- Virginia Aggregates Association